how to vent the port dia?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there Neighbor!!!....Tony you could get away with doing that....my only concern is that you might get a little port noise with that small of a diameter...I would personally use 2 3inch ports and leave them a little long and then tune the box after by shortening them

Cheers!!The DIRT®

Thanks jow will do that, and one more thing if the put the ports at the back of the box, will it make any difference with the sound quality. I am using this sub for the car and there is not much of space in the front of the box to accomodate the ports . The size is 13 1/2" X 14 1/2". Any suggestions as to where to mount the ports? Overall dimensions are 17" D X 32" W X 15" H. Using for a dual JBL 12" drivers.

Thanx

Tony

joe the dirt

I don't have 2" clearance on top can I put it right behind the box and face the port inside the car. And also will it matter it I put the ports horizontal or vertical,If I put it vertical right behind the driver will it affect the sound quality.

Tony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.