Blade Audio Info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Newbie here! Great site by the way :cool: Anway, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about Blade amps...maybe even some specs. or a site that refers to the specs. I know that they were in Markham a while back and have somewhat disappeared over the last 5 years or so.

But I'm interested in finding any info...please help! I can't find anything! :bawling:

I remember Blade when they came out as I was local to their office.....I think they were just putting their name on some off shore equipment...if my memory serves me right they had Class D amps that were a big thing then for car audio.....I`d be interested also to find out as I was involved in IASCA

I believe they were class H (tracking power supply plus class B output stage) amps. I think they did design in-house and outsourced manufacturing, but I barely remember.

I believe they also did the "grenade pin" where if you pulled the "pin" the amp didn't work. Not the best marketing; you don't want your amps to blow up, and not the best theft prevention as it isn't obvious that the amp won't work without it :)

Hello All,

I believe blade amps were engineered in the beginning (& manufactured) by API. Their performance was outstanding. Their failure rate was high.

The brand was sold a couple of years after.

You are right about the Grenade pin, cool marketing idea just not real world practical. Reminds me of Eclipse head units.

Thats all I remember about Blade.

KevinLee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.