PPI pc1400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wondering on this amp if legs 1 and 3 are connected together on the ouputs (tip35c and 36c)

The guy who owns this amp powerd it up with a load on the outputs with the bottom cover off and toasted all 12 power supply fets the drivers and the gate resistors.

I checked the outputs all seem to test fine out of the board but legs 1 and 3 are showing they are connected together on the pads So wondering if this is normal for this amp or do i need to do more checking

I repaired this amp and it was working perfectly. The guy went to competition yesterday and ran the amp at a 1 ohm load and blew it up again.

He asked if the amp could have some mod's done to it.

So im wondering is there a mod i can do to this amp to make it run at a 1ohm load??

Also they are using irfz44's in the power supply Is there a good upgrade to theese or should i stick with the 44's?

The outputs are tip 35 and 36's In my opinion theese are good outputs so i wouldnt do any mod's to them.

This amp currently accepts 8 guage power and ground wires. Im thinking to mod it so it will accept 4 guage power and ground Will this improve anything or is it a waste of time?

Perry,

DO you know what they are using for the drivers for the outputs??

Also i found a transistor marked J 108 P718C Which measures 5.6 ohms between legs 1 and 2 the other one measures 20 ohms between legs 1 and 2 and theese are out of circuit. Defective?

J108 are j fet mute transistors and they will read like this. I would only worry about these if the muting circuitry is faulty Mike. I just did a 1800 < same as the 1400 > last week so the info is fresh...:)

Drivers to the outputs are 2SC2344 and its match as i recall, if I understand your question correctly.....:eek: Hope this helps some....

All of the outputs and drivers for the outputs are pulled out of the board. Its still reading shorted from legs 1 to 3 on the pads on the board I found 2 shorted outputs out of the board but still have the same problem without any outputs or drivers in the board still reads shorted between pads 1 and 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.