rockford fosgate p4004

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Goto Mouser.com and you will find them for $1.95Ea. Also, I would not use any substitutes, especially when the original parts are available and easily obtained. This will insure that all channels are operating identically. I have never had much sucess using any substitutes, NTE, ECG, etc. Therefore I discontinued even attempting to do so many years ago. Also, if I remeber correctly, these transistors are soldered to the intermediate heatsink board. This is tricky to remove and reinstall them, but it can be done. If all else becomes too difficult, note the location numbers of at least one of the transistors and purchase the pair as a whole assembly from Rockfords parts dept. at 800-366-2349. Hope this helps......V

Just a helpful hint when removing these from the mesha strip, watch the surface mount transistor and 3 pin header on the board. It will float off the pads when you are heating up the fet.
I have been using those black binder clips for heat sinks, used to hold papers together. I clip a couple of those on the mesha strip to keep heat away from everything else. Those also work great for the older model mesha as well, clip the other fets next to the one you are heating.

cory

I have repaired 2 of those, and as Professor V said, just go with the originals. All 4 channels will be identical. I have however used substitute rectifiers on the board. To remove the MEHSA strip on that amp, I found a small hotplate to work great. Much easier on that amp than the amps with ALL of the transistors on the same MEHSA strip.

Ive repaired plently of theese amp among others. Ive found that replacing the fets and outputs on theese amps no problem and pretty easy to do. I went with the orginals every time i repaired them. Just thought this time i might be able to sub the part out to something else to get this kid who owns the amp off my back since he calls me 100 times a day and i have to order the parts and have 100 amps in front of his to fix

Last edited:
Ok i put new outputs in the channel that was shorted with the same part numbers. Also replaced the a56 and a06 in that channel. with the new outputs in the amp it draws excessive current. Wondering where i go from here? I also checked the emmitter resistors they test fine also

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.