memphis 1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's something wrong. The tabs of all of the outputs on each side should be directly connected (confirm).

If that's correct, the rail voltage is on the last leg and has to be greater than or equal to the voltage on the center leg. I wouldn't think it possible that the rail voltage could get back down to 0v so quickly that you couldn't measure it. Use the secondary center tap as the reference.

ok i checked the rail voltages on outputs its doing the same thing for 1/10 of a second it reads 25.38 then 0 the red and grenn power lights are flashing back and fourth wondering what i should check next?

amp does this crazy stuff even if all outputs are removed and i only put 1 board in at a time.

Ok did a lil checking into this amp . The problem is both of the driver boards have something shorted on them. I pulled a driver board out of the memphis 500 i have here and put it in the 1000 in both locations and the amp powers up fine. I try using the driver boards that were in the amp then i get problems again

So im probably gonna have to rebuild both driver boards from the looks of it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.