Two 10's or four 8's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok so im redoing my system and i was thinking about running two 10" image dynamics idmax's ported, does anyone know if four of the right 8's could beat that spl wise without spending much more money? if so what subs? and i am gonna be running a sundown saz-2000d. thank you

Do you want something to listen to? or just be the one hit wonder? If you want listen to any kind of music, 4 8' woofers have more cone area, however,the the two 10" might give you the low end, all of this depends on the enclosure,,,,Keep that in mind and post some pics of your car or truck. All the best here, Mavric

holy smokes, I just read the reviews on that amp, its one ohm stable, posted at about 1500rms depending on voltage. Go big! that amp is a beast. With kind of power, I have used similar amps on two 15's and popped 150's on term lab and still kept itas an everyday driving car. But please, what kind of vehichle?

well i want to be able to listen to not a one hit wonder its my daily driver and it is a 2000 chevy silverado extra cab and im building a custom fiberglass box for whatever i decide. what is the pricing like on the 1508's? and ill post some pics of the space i have to work with tonight.

Pro Box make something for that truck, they only made it for 2 10's or 12's, no eights. The amp you have rocks!!! I would go 2 12 down fire with a strong sub, depth will be an issue, that amp does well over 1000rms, one of my faves. Look at probox.com and see what I am talking about. That amp is 1 ohm stable, but you still run 4ohm with a more efficient driver. I live in souther Georgia(US) that kind of truck is all everyone drives. I used the Memphis M class subs for most apps, low profile and desighned for sealed box which will increase your power handling on the driver. I am still trying to figure out how to post pics here, but that amp can be mounted behind the seat and you loose nothing on leg and storage, except the jack.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.