Hifonics zeus gen x

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would think it would go back to a transistor but it could be fed from the remote turn-on:
Remote -> diode -> pin 4.

On many amps, the op-amps used for the protection circuits are fed by the same circuit as pin 12 of the 494 so you should follow the traces to/from pin 12 of the 494 to see if there are any open traces between that circuit and pin 4 of the 324.

Remember traces can be on either side of the board and can pass under other components. It's possible for traces to open under those components.

ok no luck still 0.66 on pin 4. But the problem with the tip 102 is whoever worked on this amp before me fixed a broken trace and soldered it to the wrong leg on the 102.

after the diode the trace from pin4 goes back to a cap so ill lift it off then trace it back from there

Generally, those contain only resistors and diodes but I don't have the internal schematic for that particular one. You may be able to get it from ZED. While it's possible that that feeds pin 4 (if it has 12v on another pin of the network), it's more likely that both the 324 and the network are being fed from the same supply and that's why it's connected to the same trace as pin 4.

Ok pin 11 connects to the negative side of a cap pin 4 connects to the positive side of the cap following the circuit back there are 2 sets of a968's and c2238's in the circuit.

All of them seem to test fine but theres no voltage on pin 4 so i set my meter to diode check and checked the legs of theese and get nothing near 0

Is there a better way of checking them to make sure they are shorted or leaking

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.