Hifonics zeus gen x

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In this circuit, reducing the value of the resistor will increase deadtime. The only way you could safely use 220 ohm resistors is if there is deadtime set by a voltage divider on pin 4 of the 494 or if there were a diode in parallel with the gate resistors.

If this amp has a regulated power supply, clamp everything down and power it up at ~14v DC. Then lower the DC voltage to ~11v. If the idle current increases when you lower the voltage, the drive circuit will have to be modified.

Were you able to get a schematic diagram for the amp?

ok heres some pics

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 65
Ok replaced the power supply fets with IRFZ44n's Orginals were BUZ102's.

I also replaced all the rectifiers in the amp FES16JT's. Checked the gate resistors and the drivers all seem to test fine.

Amp draws excessive current . So i pulled the rectifiers but with them being out of circuit the amp wont power on or even attempt to.

So I checked the outputs and all seem fine. So im going to put the rectifiers back in the amp.

Wondering what i need to check since it draws excessive current?

The reason im asking is because with the old power supply fets in the amp it still powerd on just went into protection mode since a few of them were shorted and didnt draw excessive current

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.