rockford fosgate power 650 mosfet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok the wierd thing is i put it back in the sink. Powerd it up and a big spark came for either the transformer or cap didnt see which one but the amp is up and playing on my bench right now. Working perfectly and not drawing much current like 4 amps while playing music at low vol

Try moving the transformer to see if it does it again.

To set the bias, clamp everything down, insert the resistor in the B+ line and connect your multimeter across the resistor. Power up the amp and SLOWLY turn the bias clockwise until you just see the voltage across the resistor increase VERY slightly. You want the slightest increase possible.

Run the amp up to or very near thermal shutdown. You'll have to run the amp on direct B+ (no resistor in line) but every 5 minutes (give or take), insert the resistor in line and recheck the voltage across the resistor at idle. It should remain relatively close to the original voltage (after biasing all 4 channels).

If your amp meter on your supply has enough resolution at low current, you can monitor the current draw there.

ok i do not get this amp. I replaced all of the outputs all of the drivers. some resistors and some caps and op amps I turned down the bias pots like u said and the amp worked fine

I put the amp together 100% so i could hook it up and set the bias.

Now the left channel is sending 29.68 volts on the output i checked the outputs they seem to test fine i checked the drivers they also seem to check fine. Wondering what i check from here

Back to this amp. The problem im having with this amp now is.

2 channels are dead no sound

1 channel is distorted like crazy

1 channel plays perfect

Ive replaced all of the outputs,all of the drivers for the outputs,all opamps(tlo72cn and lm833's a few reisitors a few 10uf capsand i set all the bias pots fully counter clockwise

Im at a loss Wondering where i go from here?

Ok Perry,

On the left channel that is distorted There are what i think are transistors they are marked

d41d8 h9104 and d40d8 j 8927

I seen both theese go up in smoke while trying to test

wondering what the part numbers are and where i might be able to get them since i know theese are bad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.