Bought a working Xtant amp, how to hook up?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought an Xtant 603X amp today after testing it and it appears to work fine. Got it for 99 dollars at the pawn shop. I figure that is a decent deal.

Now how the heck should I hook this up?

I am now planning the system in my other car.

I have a sealed box with a pair of xtant 10s that I could use but nothing else other than the head unit.

I would like decent sound quality with some loudness of course.

Also what the heck is this amp capable of pushing. It appears to only be rated for 60x2 for the front and 120x1 for the subs but it seems awfully huge for that.

Are these Xtants decent amps?

Surprisingly enough, it was a pawn shop and the guy who sold it to me bench tested it in front of me and told me that it has just sat on their shelf for 249 for months and no one wanted it. I guess people want big flashy amps like Duals and Boss and so on and don't give small companies like XTant much of a second glance. The original sticker on the amp was 249 and they had just marked it down to 99 because it was the slow season.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Man, there are a terrible amount of jumpers and adjustments in the inside of this amp!

MTX is a well, part of the Xtant line, I cannot recall the main manufacture. as far as the pins in the amp, if "voodoosoul" link does not help, a pic would be nice and I can walk you through it. All it is is cross-over setting, H/P-L/P etc. you have a very nice amp, still wish they made them like that. curious, is the board on the amp have a autograph? If it has a name beside the model, my friend, that is the best 99 you ever spent.Mav

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.