Massive p-1500.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one more of these amp that came in today. 1 of the drivers for the outputs is shorted its marked 2t. Wondering if i can sub this driver for something else? Cause if i order the orignal im gonna phone calls everyday til the amp is fixed and dont really wanna deal with it just wanna get it done and out the door

The MMBTA56 is close but can't handle quite as much current.

You need to tell people that you'll call them when it's repaired or give them a date to call. If you have to order parts to do the job right, no reasonable person will get upset. If they are unreasonable, tell them that they'll have to send it to the manufacturer for repair. The problem is theirs, don't let them make it your problem.

On this 3rd amp.

Ive replaced all the outputs, emmitter resistors. the rail caps, the drivers for the outputs, and a few other 100 and 10k ohm resistors.

WHen i try powering it up it goes into protection. If i pull the rectifiers it powers up fine. SO i tested all the rectifiers all test fine. Put them back in the amp goes into protection.

Wondering what i should check next since this amp is really starting to make me mad

try to determine the zener diode that they soldier across the output fets isn't leaky. As for the power supply fets the p60n06 is the original, z44 or z48 won't handle the current but will work. You may have to change the surface mount gate resistors from 47 ohm to 100 ohm though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.