Aux Input Audio Quality + Playlists Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am new to the audio world, and am wondering if I should buy an iPod, use my existing MP3 player with Aux input, or use a USB external hard drive.

So the question is about audio quality and use of playlists. I'd prefer to use Windows Media Player playlists or some other format of playlists besides Apple's. And I'd like to have the best or very adequate audio quality for my amp and subs.

Is the iPod through the USB the only way to use playlists?

Is the iPod through the USB the better than Aux input?

Will this HU use playlists stored on an external hard drive connected through the USB?

Thanks for you help.

---------------------
2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES
Kenwood Excelon Z993
Kicker Zx450.2 Amplifier (450 RMS)
Memphis Audio 12" Subs (200RMS Per)
Sony 6x8's

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
An iPod with lossless files (ALAC or AIFF) will certainly be much higher quality than any player that will only do MP3.

AFAIK playlists are transported to the iPod. I only have a 2 GB Nano, which means i can only put 5 CDs at once on it (ALAC) so i don't need playlists.

iPod thru USB?

I'm not sure what you mean. Some manufacturers have licenced the keys to get digital out of an iPod so that you can use an external DAC, but i don't know of any car solutions for this.

HU?

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.