Old School soundstream amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They are great old school amps, they sell for good money considering their age. The caps can go bad with age otherwise not much else, they can be repaired somewhat easily. We used 60s on tweeters all the time in large systems back in the day, the 100 can run more. Well the 60 can run more too if you are not looking for a loud system, we usually had something like a linear power 5002 (500rms) on subs with a large system or at least a 3002.

These were from Soundstream's first line of products, which was amps and cassette decks only introduced in '86 or '87. The "II" would indicate they are a couple of years newer than that. This line built Soundstream's SQ reputation.

New, the D100 was $295, and the D60II was $198. As jol50 said, they sell for good money, but right now that's hard to define. It's a buyers market.

For a nice 50x2 and 30x2 advertised as in good working condition and decent cosmetics, I'd offer $60 & $40 respectively.

In better times or with the right bidders, they could sell for double that.

I had an early Soundstream amp that predates that. In 1985 I acquired a Soundstream amp that was non-functional...being in electronics school at the time, I opened it up to find three fuses inside that were blown. I replaced all three and it powered up & ran just fine. So..... I have not found this amp at all since......I looked intently at the pictures & didn't see all four fuseholders inside....so this is not the model of the Soundstream I had so long ago. Stll trying to find one!

__________________________________________________________Rick....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.