Coustic 360 test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I just got done fixing an old Coustic 360. Looks like a solder bridge shorted the PS output and blew the PS FETS. So I recapped and put new FETs in it.

Now I used to run Coustic 190s in mono for a long time back in the day. And while it was loud, alot had to do with the fact that my subwoofers had good sensitivity.

So I wasn't expecting too much power wise. But I took it out to the car (a 1g eclipse) and hooked it up to my ID 12" subwoofer @ 4 ohms. And it got 128db and actually heated up the subwoofer after 10 minutes. I mean, this thing really cranked! I could live with this as my subwoofer amp full time if I needed too. I was really surprised.

Just thought I would share my little story. :spin:

Last edited:
I ran the old coustic amp 300s for a long time and for some reason sold them to my buddy who still has them. They were great amps IMO. I never ran the newer style though I'd guess they were similar design. Fixed a few but didn't use one, and those were picked up cheap. I did run a SS rubicon 300 on a 12 and it flat out cranked I was impressed. Run class D on subs now just because I don't have to mess with wiring and light dimming as much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.