which amp would you pick?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i've got a fosgate punch 360a2 and a punch 225.2

360a2 specs:

dynamic power ihf-202 standard at 14.4 volts
mono @ 4 ohms = 450 watts
per channel @ 2 ohms = 210 watts x 2
per channel @ 4 ohms = 140 watts x 2

rms at 13.8 volts
mono @ 4 ohms = 360 watts
per channel @ 2 ohms = 180 watts x 2
per channel @ 4 ohms = 90 watts x 2

extras:
high level input
hp-full-lp built in crossover
punch bass adjustment
crossover frequency adjustment

225.2 specs

dynamic power ihf-202 standard at 14.4
mono @ 4 ohms = 690 watts
per channel @ 2 ohms = 345 watts x 2
per channel @ 4 ohms = 220 watts x 2

rms @ 13.8 volts
mono @ 4 ohms = 450 watts x 2
per channel @ 2 ohms = 225 watts x 2
per channel @ 4 ohms = 112.5 watts x 2

extras:
seperate treble and bass control
x card to select crossover frequency
no adjustment for bass punch
no adjustment for crossover frequency
line level inputs only

now the questions;

excluding the wattage, which amp would you choose and why? is one more "rare" than the other?

thanks!

Having an adjustable crossover might be a useful thing to have in the future, just IMHO.

High-level inputs would let you run off a stock radio without a line output converter.

I wouldn't worry about whether or not something has bass boost or not - shouldn't be used anyway :)

Last edited:
Just more info on a 360.2 I have, My readings were taken with a 14.5V supply and 1Khz signal into 3 ohms.
Right Channel 25.2V across load = 211 watts
Left Channel 24.8 across load = 205 watts

I like the 360 when compared to the 250a2's I have had. Internals seem about the same though.

extras:
high level input
hp-full-lp built in crossover
punch bass adjustment
crossover frequency adjustment

extras:
seperate treble and bass control
x card to select crossover frequency
no adjustment for bass punch
no adjustment for crossover frequency
line level inputs only
seperate treble and bass control = punch bass adjustment.
x card to select crossover frequency = hp-full-lp built in crossover & crossover frequency adjustment. You probably need multiple cards for different frequencies.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28545

Last edited:
"excluding the wattage, which amp would you choose and why?"[/QUOTE

225.2 because it has the bass and treble controls and not only it has the x-over cards and was built a little more "stronger" than the 360a2. Look at the writting on the back of then. 225's is screened and the 360's is just a stick out on the back. And they came in two different colors.... As we know "black and grind" and gray. I find that to be very unique. I don't really have much to say about the 360a2 but its a pretty good amp. Also if you look inside them you will notice that the 225.2 has a more guts than the 360a2. I like the 800a2.

Rockford Fosgate - AmpGuts

360a2
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

225.2 guts look similars to the 200.2 amps.I want to buy incorporate one of these amps in my collection. If had to decide between the 225 or the 200.2. I'd take a 200.2. Not to mention they are the same as the older DSM's, ix, and x2 turtle shall amps but just in a newer heat sink.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.