Rockford P4004 Terminal blocks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there a replacement part for these without going through a service center? This the black style, not the barrel style of the old amps. 8 position for the speakers and 3 for power entry. I don't think Rockford will sell these to end users, any ideas. The previous owner twisted two screws off and the heads are all goobered up. I didn't see any markings on the housings either.

later

In some, you can replace the screws. See if the top cap will pop off like the one in the attached image.

I haven't purchased any but I did inquire about them and they were available at one time. You'll likely have to go through pacparts to get them.

Attachments

• tbscrews24.jpg
    tbscrews24.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 83
Update

Power entry; Weidmuller LX 15.00/90, can only find it in gray, this isn't a big deal for me.

Speaker output; Beau Series 97, now Molex 39970. This part isn't an exact match, it doesn't stand as tall which is a problem. Looking at the Rockford part it looks like a custom mold was done, you can see where the plastic was extended.

We'll see what pacparts comes back with or just replace the screws and call it good.

Later

If you decide to replace them, you should consider using ChipQuik solder. In some of these, the terminals fold over at the top (it's not a straight terminal) and get soldered to the top of the board also. It's difficult to remove enough solder to pull the block out without doing any damage. With the CQ alloy, you can get/keep the terminals hot enough to allow the removal of the block without having to remove all of the solder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.