Rockford amps, why are they so poerful? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2009, 03:33 AM   #1
chipper is offline chipper  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to chipper Send a message via Yahoo to chipper
Default Rockford amps, why are they so poerful?

I have a punch 55.2 and it pushes a 10'' kicker cvr dual 2 wired in series to present a 4 ohm load. It pushes it like as if its getting full power. I have all my EQ's adjusted correctly and on my radio.

So whats the deal behind these lil guys?? Whats the power supply design? Unregulated, Regulated??? Im just curious how does so much power come out of this amp? How do they work (not just rockford amps) but a amplifier in general. How does all that power come out of such small footprint? Its amazing technology!
Old 11th November 2009, 03:38 AM   #2
Account disabled at member's request

It must be magic!

Old 11th November 2009, 03:51 AM   #3
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
I have a punch 55.2 and it pushes a 10'' kicker cvr dual 2 wired in series to present a 4 ohm load. It pushes it like as if its getting full power. I have all my EQ's adjusted correctly and on my radio.

So whats the deal behind these lil guys?? Whats the power supply design? Unregulated, Regulated??? Im just curious how does so much power come out of this amp? How do they work (not just rockford amps) but a amplifier in general. How does all that power come out of such small footprint? Its amazing technology!
you wait till it blows up, i call all these amps ( rockford fosquate ) ticking time bombs, they are nice amps, but when they blow up DAM you better just buy a new one.

I had a nice 300.1 and a 425.4 i think it was, and it was pretty decent, i know they are under rated, but they do that for a reason so people think they are really powerfull.

Best of luck, don't push it to far tho.

J'
Old 11th November 2009, 04:10 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleaman View Post
you wait till it blows up, i call all these amps ( rockford fosquate ) ticking time bombs, they are nice amps, but when they blow up DAM you better just buy a new one.

I had a nice 300.1 and a 425.4 i think it was, and it was pretty decent, i know they are under rated, but they do that for a reason so people think they are really powerfull.

Best of luck, don't push it to far tho.

J'
I don't like to abuse my stuff so i don't always play really loud all the time. It's just a system for listening to all kinds of music. It sounds good with a the RF punch 100z2 that im using for Mids & tweets (MB Quart). Sounds really awesome when jamming to some Metallica.
Old 11th November 2009, 04:14 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
I don't like to abuse my stuff so i don't always play really loud all the time. It's just a system for listening to all kinds of music. It sounds good with a the RF punch 100z2 that im using for Mids & tweets (MB Quart). Sounds really awesome when jamming to some Metallica.
don't over load or load it with speakers and keep it cool it should last long time ( should

Jase
Old 11th November 2009, 04:32 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
don't over load or load it with speakers and keep it cool it should last long time ( should

Jase
Yeah, Theres only one single 4 ohm speaker connected to it. Abjusted the bias so its cool.
Old 11th November 2009, 06:56 PM   #7
amc32 is offline amc32  United States
diyAudio Member

If you went inside the amp and adjusted the bias seems like you know more about the amp than your telling us. Your a Fosgate rep arent you?
Old 11th November 2009, 09:49 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:

J'
The next time you blow up a Rockford amp, I will be happy to take the expired time bomb off of your hands. Just look me up.
Old 12th November 2009, 12:07 AM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am An Idiot View Post
The next time you blow up a Rockford amp, I will be happy to take the expired time bomb off of your hands. Just look me up.
wish you would have emailed me last week just threw 5 of them away lol i used to collect them had a whole box of them.!
Old 12th November 2009, 02:53 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

What , schematics are available from Rockford, tons of support on this site, no reason not to fix them!

Hide this!Advertise here!