Enclosure for JL Fusion competion sub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey I've just pulled my Fusion sub (Jonah Lomu signature) out of the box it was in, I thought it was just a 10" an had heard about comp series but didn't have stats..
Turns out it's this!:D
Brand New Fusion Jonah Lomu 12" Subs (x2) - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

The box it's in seems small(w17" x d14" x h15" tapering to 9") an now I've seen inside it it looks a bit dodge.

Any ideas on a good box to make for it?

I've just gotten a new car, a 91 Subaru wagon so I've got a bit of space but I need to be able to get it out when I'm taking sound gear to a doo..;)

Cheers

Here we are:)..

DRIVER:
- 12-inch High Rigidity
Non-Pressed Paper Cone
- High Excursion Surround
- Woven Fabian Leads
- Die-Cast Aluminum Basket
POWER HANDLING:
- 650W RMS
- 1300W Max
FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- 22 - 1,200 Hz
VOICE COIL:
- Dual 3-inch Black Alloy
- 4-Ohm + 4-Ohm Impedence
MAGNET:
- 325 oz.
SENSITIVITY:
- 92.1 dB

Hi in fact i just calculate the box because i haven't time tonight :no:

If you have 2 subs Fusion Lomu FJL- 1211 the only box you can make is vented because i hase an EBP of 74.28

For two Fusion Lomu FJL- 1211 with a rectangular box w17" x d14" x h15" is a little small for deep bass but you can use it

if you try bigger box such as 70 liters the sound will be the same and you'll must use bigger Airport :(

So the better things is to try your box because i haven't enough parameters to have a correct box with my software :eek:

Have you got the size of the vent and the numbers please ?

;)

Project paused....................

Hey thanks so much guys,
I'm gonna have to pause the setup for the moment I'm going away
BTW I've just got one sub that link was just the easiest way to get a pic up....

I've also found that I may be able to use it in a tapped horn for my P.A. temporarily, I'm looking into some big subs for it but I may need something for new years asap.................................:confused:

Thanks so much guys I might need some help again soon

Keep you posted!:D

Back on the burner

Ok I'm back on track again, crisis averted!

Any ideas on a single 12" Fusion sub enclosure for a 91 Subaru wagon?

Ported, sealed?
The box it was in is sealed in type but not actually sealed, Only just opened it up...

Must be able to remove the enclosure every now an then to cart stuff about, I previously used alloy L shaped bracket offcuts on two sides to hold it against the seat an boot wall but would like to know of any other options.

Velcro?:D

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.