price??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hate to disagree with you damage, but I have a soft spot for 2002's.

Bridgeable only with external inverter and 4 ohms is no big deal to me.

It's a good midbass amp. A/B/C'd with SS D200II and Zapco Z220, the LP was a better performer into the 6 ohm low-Q door mounted midbass. I *hated* admitting that it sounded better than the Zapco.

As with all LP, the prices are high. Most of the 2002's I've seen on ebay sold in the $150-$200 range. I'd be willing to pay $100 for a nice one.

I hate to disagree with you damage, but I have a soft spot for 2002's.

Bridgeable only with external inverter and 4 ohms is no big deal to me.

It's a good midbass amp. A/B/C'd with SS D200II and Zapco Z220, the LP was a better performer into the 6 ohm low-Q door mounted midbass. I *hated* admitting that it sounded better than the Zapco.

As with all LP, the prices are high. Most of the 2002's I've seen on ebay sold in the $150-$200 range. I'd be willing to pay $100 for a nice one.
I put a lot of them in new, they worked great back in the day and I'd still run one. But I agree on the pricing, like most LP amps I'll use something else before I pay that much.

External inverter....I wish I had a couple of those. I posted about making one once but it didn't seem to go anywhere IIRC.

Perry was there, has to be done with op amps and all. I better look that thread up, maybe it was just an issue of pita was more than it was worth to do. I have a couple old amps I would love to bridge and run a pair, but I have lots of other amps too so is it really worth it.

An old 2x40 that always sounded nice, but don't know what they would do bridged. With an amp it might not be significant. Also I've got my hands on a larger amp of the same era I have yet to try. Home projects got in the way this summer.:eek:

I have a pair of LP 1002, but my buddy wants them for a retro build and they are kind of small for what I need.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, Audio Control manufactured a 2 way sub crossover that had a second set of outputs for Non-bridging amps and it was called a crossover/bridging adapter.
This was of course long before the concert series. The wonderful little device was all you would ever need and I see them on epay for as little as $16.00 shipped all the time. I have 4 as spares due to their special bridging ability's.

It as other sub-woofer crossovers from AC had all the bells and whistles you would expect and as a bonus it had a second set of outputs with one RCA labeled "Inverted" which meant 180 degrees out of phase perfect for bridging any of those pesky non-bridging amps out there back then.

The reason I even mention this is so to save all of you all the trouble of building a inferior device when such a cheap little gem can be had if one looks carefully at epay for a few weeks. It was one of Audio Controls most popular crossovers way back then, and it had bi-polar internal switching power supply and was capable of a hefty 8 volt output even back then. Plus the Sub sonic filter programmable of course as you would expect from AC, and the crossover point was resistor set by precision DIP resistors sets which could be customized at will.

Save yourselves a bunch of effort guys and just nab up a early AC unit, you will be glad you did......C:)

Staying OT...

Perry was there, has to be done with op amps and all. I better look that thread up, maybe it was just an issue of pita was more than it was worth to do. I have a couple old amps I would love to bridge and run a pair, but I have lots of other amps too so is it really worth it.

Was that the old Alpine? IIRC, it used a uPC12xx for the voltage amp and the signal could be inverted there. Seems like it's buried somewhere in the old school amp thread.

Funny you should bring it up. I dragged out an old A/D/S P40 that I've had for about 20yrs -never worked- and finally began to check it out last night. It uses uPC1270 with transistor followers, which made me wonder if you ever did bridge the Alpines.

1moreamp, could I talk you into posting something in the oldest amp thread?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.