kicker zr 600 problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have an old zr 600 amp and heres the story. when i first got it the amp wouldn't put out sound at all, it had some crazy box that plugged into the crossover slot so i opened the box and there was 2 crossovers inside it so i tied both directly into the amp, one did nothing, the other would play quietly, then make the subs start to flutter violently, after sitting it in my basement for about a year i tried it again, now it blows fuses if the gain is tuned up at all ( as soon as it tries to "flutter" the subs). is this a problem with the crossover or is it a problem with the amp? it's hard to find a new crossover cause the amp's from the 90's, and i bent and broke the 80htz chip that presses into the crossover so i don't know what to do now. any help would be appretiated, i am not a pro so i don't know proper terms to part names. thanks in advance.

There is a blown surface mount fuse somewhere between the shield of the RCA input jack and the non bridged speaker wires. Following is a picture of a Kicker amplifier with the fuse. The fuse is labeled TH. In the amp in the picture, the fuse is mounted directly below the RCA jacks. Some amps have the fuse on top of the board. Picture courtesy of Perry Babin. He can probably tell you exactly where the fuse is located on your particular amp.

Attachments

• kickersurfacemountfuse.jpg
    kickersurfacemountfuse.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 142
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.