slot ported wedge enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was wondering if it is possible to put a slotted port on a wedge design enclosure. i have a rf p2d412 12"sub and i am trying to save trunk space so i decided to go for a wedge design. and trying to make the enclosure as conservative as possible, yet i want to try to make a ported box.

tried surfing for a wedge designed enclosure that has slotted port with no luck. maybe anyway can give some advice.

tia :)

thanks for the reply jol50, can the slotted port be placed in front of the slanted portion of the wedged enclosure ? how can this be computed ? i have not much experience with computation. i have used the aid of box wizard over at rockfordfosgate site. and i have no idea how to compute for the slot port.

Well so long as you have the T/S Thiele/Small parameters for the speaker you can calculate it very easy :)

Just you WinISD look through the database and see if your speaker is already there, if not add it in and start playing. You can tell the program box type and then box shape also. There are many tutorials out there that explain it better than I could ever though

Zippy

ok so i have downloaded winisd software and i didn't find my driver in the list. so i was goin to fill out my own, only i don't know what are the other stuff that is needed. where can i find the other parameters like LE and the other stuff that is needed. some of them can be found in the manual that my sub came with. but the other specs i don't know where to get. is this computed or something ? can anybody please show me a tutorial or something :) thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.