slot ported wedge enclosure - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st November 2009, 03:29 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default slot ported wedge enclosure

i was wondering if it is possible to put a slotted port on a wedge design enclosure. i have a rf p2d412 12"sub and i am trying to save trunk space so i decided to go for a wedge design. and trying to make the enclosure as conservative as possible, yet i want to try to make a ported box.

tried surfing for a wedge designed enclosure that has slotted port with no luck. maybe anyway can give some advice.

tia
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:40 AM   #2
jol50 is offline jol50  United States
diyAudio Member

You can make a box any shape you desire, so long as the volume of the box is what you want and the corresponding port dimensions are too. Note with a small box you can run into a huge port needed to tune it properly.
Old 2nd November 2009, 03:03 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

thanks for the reply jol50, can the slotted port be placed in front of the slanted portion of the wedged enclosure ? how can this be computed ? i have not much experience with computation. i have used the aid of box wizard over at rockfordfosgate site. and i have no idea how to compute for the slot port.
Old 2nd November 2009, 04:14 PM   #4
ZippyTs is offline ZippyTs  United States
diyAudio Member

Well so long as you have the T/S Thiele/Small parameters for the speaker you can calculate it very easy

Just you WinISD look through the database and see if your speaker is already there, if not add it in and start playing. You can tell the program box type and then box shape also. There are many tutorials out there that explain it better than I could ever though

Zippy
Old 3rd November 2009, 02:08 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

hmmm this is kinda embarrassing i am a total noob and i don't even know what your are saying. hihihi i so this winisd is a software ? il try to learn more over the net thanks for the tip though zippy
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:17 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

ok so i have downloaded winisd software and i didn't find my driver in the list. so i was goin to fill out my own, only i don't know what are the other stuff that is needed. where can i find the other parameters like LE and the other stuff that is needed. some of them can be found in the manual that my sub came with. but the other specs i don't know where to get. is this computed or something ? can anybody please show me a tutorial or something thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 06:44 PM   #7
ZippyTs is offline ZippyTs  United States
diyAudio Member

T/S for your speaker line

also over at BCAE speaker section tells you what alot of the letters mean

and even more explanation here at Speaker plans this link thanks to member Ropie in this thread

Last edited by ZippyTs; 3rd November 2009 at 06:54 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!