Terminal block for car audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I needed some kind of connector that will be part of car amplifier, and could handle few 100A if scaled up a bit, my will probably never see 100A, even peak.

What you need is:

- Some plastic cap, probably used to cover holes, like at the ends of metal tubes or something
- Long nut that will fit inside plastic cover and still have space around it
- Hot glue
- And screws the same size as nuts

First you make small hole with drill into center of the plastic, say 2mm for start and for drill guide. Next you make hole big enough so that screw can be screwed in. From other side you put on long nut, which is good if taller then plastic edge.
Use washers on both sides of the plastic to spread the force, if you will need to make really good connection for high currents

So now you have solid connector, but nut inside is held by output, removable screw, so we need to glue it. I used hot glue(epoxy would be great too), really strong stuff, I didn't think it will be so much. I used it,because I filled plastic and it got cold to fast, but if you heat nut (that is why longer nut), I could keep glue hot enough, so that it came in all corners and griped nut really good. Then just let it cool down, maybe help it a bit with ice. And that's it, one solid connector done.

I used for 12v path M10 set of screws and nuts, for output I kinga over done it and used M8 :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

P1010038.jpg

P1010040.jpg

P1010039.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.