diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Car Audio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-audio/)
-   -   Audio Amplifier Output (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-audio/153739-audio-amplifier-output.html)

Thumper88 22nd October 2009 06:53 AM

Audio Amplifier Output

Ok, this is kind of ridiculous. I am trying to explain to this guy that audio amplifier output is indeed Alternating Current. The guy is sadistic_customs in the following link:

Anatomy of the Power Amplifier, By Robert Zeff - CA-F
You have to register to see posts there, I believe you can see them with this link though:
CA-F

He specifically states in that topic that this link:
Audio Output
Is incorrect in saying that an audio signal is alternating current. Basically he's calling out Perry Babin who I know posts on this forum.

At first he was saying it was DC sine waves, then PWM, and now it is some unnamed current source that only he knows about.

Please help...:confused::eek:

toobnoob 22nd October 2009 07:34 AM

i see that he stated that his spell check was not working. i think he forgot that his "english" check isn't working properly either.....but i only state this because that poster sounds like a "troll" anyway.

i had to come back and edit to add the following,

when you get into a discussion with some one on the internet about something comparable, and they resort to basically "making **** up", there is no helping them. about the best help would be for the forum admin to ban him.

djQUAN 22nd October 2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toobnoob (Post 1957174)
i see that he stated that his spell check was not working. i think he forgot that his "english" check isn't working properly either.....but i only state this because that poster sounds like a "troll" anyway.

i had to come back and edit to add the following,

when you get into a discussion with some one on the internet about something comparable, and they resort to basically "making **** up", there is no helping them. about the best help would be for the forum admin to ban him.

yup. no need to get into an argument. if you win, you won't get a prize anyway. just keep things to yourself knowing what you know is enough, just share your knowledge to someone willing to learn the right things. no need to go down to his level for pride's sake.

damage 22nd October 2009 02:32 PM

That guy has it so wrong, not even I, King "Thread Killer", feels the need to respond.

midnightg35x 22nd October 2009 03:58 PM

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid (him, not you)... You CAN have a AC sine wave with a DC offset so that it never goes negative. But then you still get DC power being dissipated. And PWM? I do not want to listen to square waves all day :) Sometimes that's the problem with kids in college... they have just enough knowledge to be dangerous without the whole picture :)

amc32 22nd October 2009 06:03 PM

Wow,this person is so smart they're dumb!

I don't know where to start. Maybe a better understanding of polarity vs phase would help the discussion.

Dc with carrier Ac = Ripple

Ac with carrier Dc = Dc offset

A man with female qualities is still a male!
A woman with male qualities is still a female!

Car audio amplifiers 12volt input is DC but its current consumpsation is alternating,modulated and in direct proporation with it AC output(with its millivolt dc offset)

amc32 22nd October 2009 06:10 PM

Maybe this person is trying to better explain a car audio amplifier power comsumption. But just using terminology that is confusing and miss applied.

Hope I have'nt added to the problem.

tsmith1315 22nd October 2009 10:19 PM

Well try... ummm...how about...geez nevermind. Tell him to go back to school and leave it at that.

Then purge it from your mind, as real estate there is far too valuable to be wasted on someone unwilling to listen.

Perry Babin 22nd October 2009 10:46 PM

How does that old saying go... trying to help people like that is akin to beating your head against a dead horse. :)

tsmith1315 22nd October 2009 11:37 PM

:headbash: