Need a little help fixing a kx1200.1 Pics Inside

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, there i know the very basics of amp repair, but I need a little help with this kicker kx1200.1.

It started out powering up but not outputing sound and then I replaced all of the power transistors and I also replaced a couple output transistors. It now seems like all of the transistors and resistors in parallel are reading correctly with my dmm. But now when I put power to it w/ remote power also, the amps protect light lights up and it pulls a lot of current and my power supply beeps and the protection light comes on the power supply also.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm just stumped now with this amp. I included pics below of the amp before I started replacing parts and cleaned it up.

P1030151copy.jpg

P1030152copy.jpg

yea i replaced all 8 power supply fets

all gate resistors seem to be within tolerance

but i cannot for the life of me find anything marked Q05 and Q11 i've looked over the amp numerous times...lol any help on finding these.... o nevermind i found them i didnt think they were going to be so small. Well i guess i'll replace those and hopefully that'll be it. So I looked at them with a magnifying glass and they both say "as6" or "asg" then "d3" sideways. I've just briefly looked on google, mouser and digikey and am having a hard time finding anything.

Thanks

The MMBTA56FSCT at digikey is a good sub.

You MUST confirm that the gate resistors are within tolerance. They should all read 100 ohms ±5%.

Before ordering, you should remove the rectifiers to see if the excessive current draw continues.

Clamp all semiconductors before applying power.

is this correct it can be replaced with (a56) i really need help with this im in the same predicament

Well i guess i'll replace those and hopefully that'll be it. So I looked at them with a magnifying glass and they both say "as6" or "asg" then "d3" sideways. I've just briefly looked on google, mouser and digikey and am having a hard time finding anything.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Is it a56 d3??? Did you ever get this thing to go??? Im having the same issue with mine. The thing with mine is that q05 and q11 are fried beyond recognition. Can you please provide me with this info thanx

I have the same amp and need to start by replacing the power fets. I am seeing that it is advisable to replace all 8? Is there a particular reason for that other than the general concept of playing it safe?

Not trying to be cheap about it, but I have a 5 week old baby at home so I just dont want to spend any $$ that I dont need to right now.

Also where should I get the replacement parts? Digikey has been mentioned.

If anyone has the part numbers that woudl be great. The numbers are burnt off of these fets so I can't read most of them.

Sorry for all of the questions right off the bat.
It seems like this is a really smart bunch of people so these should all be easy questions for ya'll.
Thanks guys.

You replace all 8 for reliability.

Digikey is a good choice.

The gate resistors and the driver transistors may have failed also.

Did you check the output transistors?

Start a new thread if you have any other questions. Include the make/model of the amp and the symptoms/problem in the subject line.

I won't reply to any more questions in this thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.