Factory Dodge In-dash pinouts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this is kinda lame, but maybe someone knows right off the bat!
I have a takeout from a 2000 Dodge Intrepid......I replaced with a nice Sony.
The Sony is now long gone (Stolen) and I still have the factory AM-FM-Cassette, just collecting dust. I want to use it in our beater Renault 19.....but I need a pin-out of the connectors. See if anyone here can reckonise this unit.
Thanks for looking.
_____________________________________________________Rick........

Attachments

• Dodge car-stereo.JPG
    Dodge car-stereo.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 85
Looks like the standard Chrysler plugs they used for years. There was a braided ground strap from radio chassis to ground, usually clipped onto the dash frame and bolted on the radio where the back support was affixed.

If you don't have the plugs, I *think* they are available aftermarket with standard car stereo color codes.

Bingo!

I somehow knew someone here would know!
Tim & Perry come thru!..YEAH .........Perry with the diagram, Tim knowing these connectors being used for....who knows how long!
Anything I can do on my end...lemme know!
Soon as the missus returns the car I'll rig up some connectors & surprize her with some tunes. PS...Shes the one on my avatar<----
Thanks a WHOLE bunch guys!

___________________________________________________________Rick.........

Last edited:
PS...Shes the one on my avatar<----

And a cutee she is!

In the interest of being careful, I'd first connect the B+, ACC 12V, and ground.

Power it up, and check to be sure the remote lead is where it's supposed to be and that there isn't 12V coming from any of the other leads.

If that's all square, chances are you should be good to go.

I never understood why Chrysler would put the grounds for the front speakers on the power plug, and the remote out on the speaker plug...

BTW, do you have the plugs?

Pluggin'

No I don't have the plugs...I will have to fab something to suffice...perhaps it could be fabbed from some other plugs I have. You know a little metal file work.
OOhh , here ya go!

_______________________________________________________-Rick....

Attachments

• Rickspictures 006.jpg
    Rickspictures 006.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 47
Aaah, whatapal! I kept waiting for her eyes to move like the avatar...

I may have a couple of plugs around here, but probably not be reasonable to ship them to you.

If you have other plugs with appropriately sized connectors, they can be removed from the plug (usually have little locking tabs that can be pushed back with a tiny screwdriver) and covered with heatshrink to insulate against shorts.

Plugs...

I have some connects for an old Sony Trunk mounted changer......the device is missing the cartridge....very old gear....
I have been telling her of the low-power world of tubes.....Power isn't everything.
So I will mount this bad-boy (Or not attach) under the pass seat of our Renault 19 .....The unit is rather bulky.... Will not fit inside the Glove compartment....I shouldn't carve up the Glove-box.......so I will slide it under the Pass seat...(Only place with the room for it!).

________________________________________________________Rick......
PS. She just had a birthday 40 YR Old (Oct 14th )...Not bad I say!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.