Can this amp push out 1600wrms @ 1ohm?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking at the specs, this Hifonics Brutus BXi1606D says it can push out 1600wrms @ 1ohm, I've heard these amps are overrated, however they're really cheap and the internals look pretty solid, maybe there rated at a higher voltage then 14.4? anyway I'm getting one to power 2 alpine type R 12s and even if it is slightly overrated by a few 100 watts its still be pushin my type r's to the max. anyway... here are the guts.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

also, anyone bench tested one of these?

from everything i've gathered from trolling on the car audio forums these hifonics class Ds are usually overrated slightly.We are talkin maybe a couple hundred watts.Not really major when you get to that power level.I doubt you'd ever hear the difference between 1600 watts and 1400 watts. There is people(hifonics fanboys mostly) that swear up and down that they will do rated power at 14.4 volts but you are gonna need some pretty stout electrical upgrades to maintain that voltage at full output. There is always impedance rise to figure in too. Theres no way your subs are gonna stay anywhere near one ohm once they are mounted in the box and get moving playing some music. You may not ever see 1600 or even 1400 watts under those conditions. I do however still think it would be a decent amp to run those Type R's . These amps aren't of the highest quality but many people swear by them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.