calculating volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i bought a set Pioneer TS-E2002i speakers
20cm are they 80Wrms. pioneer does not give proper specs to calcute the volume. so does anyone has an idea how big the box needs to be for one speaker (each box with one speaker is my setup) i want to get the bass best because i'm not gonna use a sub. this is way i bought these rather big speakers.
should it be closed or with a bassport?

any help is welcome i dont want to waste my money on good speakers in a ****** box:)

Without spec's, the outcome will only be as good as the guess. It's most likely that the speaker is designed to be mounted in the rear deck, using the trunk as an infinite baffle. I would expect that to work well and provide the deepest low frequency extension.

If you want to box it in, here's some logic. Looking at the pics and info, it appears to be an average 8" in terms of magnet size, excursion, moving mass, and efficiency. That would point to a box in the range of 25-50 liters or so. Lean to the larger side since it's made for trunk mounting, maybe 35-60 liters. Bigger than that wouldn't be practical, and smaller may sacrifice low end.

Given it's intended application, it's probably a medium to high Qts speaker and porting wouldn't be advantageous unless in a very large box.

That's a lot to assume, but all we have are assumptions unless you want to measure spec's yourself. Maybe an email to Pioneer would help with spec's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.