JL Audio 1000/1 - Parts query

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Long time reader but first time posting on the forum. I'm hoping someone will be able to help with a part query on a JL 1000/1 amp. I've been reading through previous posts but I haven't managed to find an answer.

I bought the amp broken to fix but I'm unsure what the original output FETs are as they weren't in the amp when I got it.

I have have previously fixed a few 500/1 amps which used a combo of IRF3205's for the PSU and IRF540's for the output. However this 1000/1 is using IRF3707's in the PSU, so I'm wondering whether if it also uses something different in the output too. Does anyone know what?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read.

Hi Perry, thanks for the info. I was aware that they were rare to get your hands on. Makes me wonder if anyone actually pays that kind of money for them!

While on the subject of MTX amps, I have a 500D I've been working on. I have a missing part - Q228 - Do you happen to know what it is? Perhaps a MPSA56 or A06?

I have the circuit diagram/part list/layout for the MTX thunder 4244 amp if it's of any interest to you let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.