What is it? PPI-2075M or AM?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just wanted to exchange the electrolytic capacitors in an PPI-2075AM I recently bought, but now I'm wondering if it really is a AM.

On the (black) sink, the stickers at the side- and bottomplate it says: PPI-2075AM.
But the silkscreen of the PCB says: PPI-2075M Rev. I

What's this? Is this correct, and they forgot to edit the silkscreen into AM, or did somebody put an M-PCB in a AM-heatsink?

Post a pic if you like, but the stenciling of these older PPi amps might not be absolutely correct. Remember PC boards cost huge money back when these were built so a simple cosmetic issue like a stencil mistake would not rule out the use of the board in a production piece.

And yes please replace all the wet caps on a amp this old, Your ears will love you for it ;)

I will take some pictures tomorrow, but most capacitors are now missing already...

And I nearly always exchange the el.caps. in such old amps...
Currently I'm using a M&M Elcetronics MM250, a Crunch CR150 and a CR100.
I swapped in Panasonic FC caps in all of them.

BTW they were benchmarked here: http://amp-performance.de
You have to click at "Verstärker - Messergebnisse", and from there you go on!
If there are any german words you don't understand, just ask! I'll try to translate them!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.