Help for a Kicker ZX750.1 that goes into protection in 15 mins & does not get warm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help for a Kicker ZX750.1 that goes into protection in 15 mins & does not get warm.

I have a kicker zx750.1 amplifier powering one Kicker 18" CVR duel 4ohm duel voice coil paralleled to a 2ohm load.
The problem is that it goes in protection after about 15 to 18 minutes with the car running and volt between 12.3 to 14.4.
The amp is not hot to the touch at all when it goes into protection (it is actually it same temp as when off).

I removed it from that car and tried it in my other car which I have a Kicker 18"c single 8 ohm running at 8 ohms and it does the same thing.

Both cars have 2 batteries each the charging system is great in both.
It sounds great when it plays no distortion.
Do you have any idea of what could be wrong with it?

I originally had a Hifonics Atlantis (600+ watts @ 2ohm mono) running the same load and it worked fine I replaced it with the zx750.1.

I also have a Phoenix Gold XS500 (600+ watts @ 2ohm mono) running the 2nd one Kicker 18" CVR duel voice coil (I have two 18"s in my Lincoln) and the Phoenix Gold does not have a problem at all, nor did the Hifonics.

Any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.