Need a recomendation on this

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I NEED you guys to help me out please :)

Ok What I'm looking for is a very very high effieciency car audio amplifier that does around 1000 CEA-RATED Watts (RMS). I need one that will give me low voltage drop ETC, Ok now you guys are like.. wah you need a 1000 amp to be very effiecient, well I'm running a 60A 12v Computer PSU to run car amps (Yeah thats even more wtf?) well I've tested the voltage on my PSU and it turns out im getting 12.46v @ 60Amps which is even better, Max RMS I can get out of a 70% effiecient class D amplifier is like 500 watt RMS, maybe slightly more or less (I'm getting some Voltage drop down to 12v). Any Ideas will be appricated and Please do not reccomend me a 110v-230v Plate amp because I will end up putting these subs/amps in a car in like 2-3 years time (When I can drive).

Thank you so much.

"Stack" your power supply's and get the amp the power it needs. There is no way around the laws of physics. You get out what you put in - the loss to poor efficiency.
So make up for loss by "stacking" your computer power supply's to get the juice you need.... <the suggestion takes into account that amps cost more then computer power supply's for a money efficiency concern....-:) Good luck on your project...:spin:

"Stack" your power supply's and get the amp the power it needs. There is no way around the laws of physics. You get out what you put in - the loss to poor efficiency.
So make up for loss by "stacking" your computer power supply's to get the juice you need.... <the suggestion takes into account that amps cost more then computer power supply's for a money efficiency concern....-:) Good luck on your project...:spin:

Lol thanks dude, btw I wasnt looking for an amplifier that would deliver, 1000 watt RMS out of 12.5v @ 60A (that would be, impossible at the current technology world we live in), I wanted to get around 600watt rms but The reason I wanted to get a 1000 watt amp is so I could in the future, stack a PSU like you said, anyway It dosnt matter I'll use the amp im using right now and get another PSU and a 1F capacitor to help me stablize my voltage, also Im using every yellow and black wire from my PSU if that helps. do you think with 120A @ 12.5v I could get 1000 watt RMS from my class D amp? (70% effieciency).

cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.