Any flaws in my box design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I'm buying two Alpine Type R 12s D4 subs soon and I designed the box. Below is a link to a Png/Image of what I have designed using the RE Enclosure Calculator, I've never made a subwoofer box before so I need to be sure I've done it right :)

Also how will Two Alpines @ 1ohm powered by 1200 watt RMS sound in that box?

Thanks again guys.

Link: http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3671/filep.png

P.S. Ignore the attachment, I tried uploading my Box Specs and It said it was too large, then I couldnt even remove the attachment URL so I made a 1pxby1px image in paint and uploaded that instead.

Attachments

• ignore.png
    ignore.png
    142 bytes · Views: 64
The box looks to be ok.Port area is consistent with the enclosure volume you have although I personally go a little smaller with the port area just because it helps keep the length of the port down and thus makes the overall enclosure a little smaller.Tuning frequency is good too.I usually shoot for 35hz with my ported enclosures as well. Your box specs look right on with what most people are doing in car audio these days. No real way to tell how it will sound because that has a lot to do with your car as well but I think it will be fine.I surely don't think it will sound terrible by any means

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.