t30001bd schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, i'm an italian boy, and you are my only hope. I was asked to repair 2 of the amps in subject, they had received several fixes, and many mosfets and transistors replaced I think were badly chosen. So I have 2 amps with all the transistor to be changed, that are, to be more understandable, those screwed on heatsink, starting to the left, and going to the right. The problem is that someone removed them, so I haven't any idea of what I gotta put there, I've known that on the left-front side they are IRFP260, is it correct?But after this, I don't know anything anymore. So can you give me a schematic of this Amp so I can buy the correct components?or, if it is impossible, at least a list of all the transistor from the left-left till the right-right side of the amp (to be clear __ __
| |
on the 4 sides we have transistors fixed with screws, i need them...please, I'm desperate!

uhm...i've read here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=147359
and i noticed that they would be the same of the 20001...is it possible?are you sure about that?However, i would need also the right side of the amp, to be clear the power supply, because even there I have lots of components blowed...In the pictures unfortunately I'm not able to see the code of the components, however perhaps I can get it done.

RF T20001BD has only 8 IRFP3415 in output stage and 8 HUF75344G in power suplly section.Driver transistors for power suplly fets are MMBTA56 and MMBTA06.I recommend you to replace all of them and also gate resistors.In T2000 they are SMD 0805 case 10 Ohm.For power suplly fets if you can't find original Fsirchild fets great replacement is IRFP064N .In my RF2000 I installed IRFP260N instead of IRFP3415 .Amp is working perfect with them.

All power devices soldered to RF patended MEHSA- High Performance Thermal management design for bigger power with more consistent thermal stabiity .You need to remove all those metal plates with fets .If fets all broken ,you can just cut legs ,unsolder all fets from plates ,clean everything with aceton and then soder new devices

Attachments

• mosfets.jpg
    mosfets.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 471
Great!I've received also the complete schematics by Rockford, with the service bulletins containing the updates. But questions aren't over:
1.can I replace the SMD resistors with traditional resistors?I'm not able to find SMD anywhere here.
2. I've found in IRF website 2 updates of the IRFP3415, that are IRFP4321PBF and IRFP4568PBF. The latter is too expensive, I need 32 of them, the former I think would be good, is it correct? One of the two amplifier I have has got also the IRF260N and it worked until this crash.
3. I found HUF75344G and IRF4321PBF at digi-key, do you know this website?Can I trust it?
Thanks a lot :)

I'm not recommend you replace SMD components with through hole.SMD resistors are cheap on eBay,you can by a kit of 2500 pieces 50 value for $15 from China.Newest mosfets from IRF are great replacement,but they are too expensive.I reccomend you to install IRFP260N.Rockford use them even in T40001BD.And ofcourse Digi-key super company.I bought parts from them a lot of times.In my Rockfords amps (in three T10001BD and in one T20001BD ) I used IRFP064N in power suplly section,they have same electrical specification as HUF75344G.Check this link on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/IRFP064N-MOSFET...in_0?hash=item5acee7e1b6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 This is a great guy .Always fast shipping and all parts is original IRF

I don't think the IRFP260 is a good sub for the 3415. It's only rated for ~70% of the current of the IRFP3415s (30 amps vs 43 amps). If it had IRFP3415s in it originally, that's what should be used to replace the failed outputs.

Is the serial number for the amp with the 3415s higher (produced later) than the one with the IRFP260s?

As with any amp (but especially for class D amps), you shouldn't sub parts unless you have to. If you want to experiment, get the amp working 100%, then install the substitute parts. Class D amps can be very sensitive to changes. Sometimes, even production changes for an FET (internal to the FET) will make the new parts unsuitable (even though they have the same part number).

Hello Perry.Look in datasheet IRFP260N is more powerfull devices .They have higher voltage 200V (IRFP3415 -150V) ,lower Rds and they handle higher current 50 Amp ,IRFP3415 is 43 Amp.Only what is worse ,they have higher gate charge then IRFP3415,but for this amp isn't a problem with descrite driver stage.And also later RF amps are using them .

You're correct, the N version is rated higher. He originally stated that he had the non-N version. I missed the N on the part number the second time he listed the part numbers.

If he confirms that ALL of the driver components (resistors, transistors...) are the same in the 260N and the 3415 amp, then the 260N would possibly be OK.

The voltage rating isn't significant as long as the replacements are rated for at least the same voltage as the originals. Generally, FETs with higher voltage ratings have lower current rating (for a given package size). This is the only exception that I've seen.

In most class D amps, going from an output with 2400pf input capacitance to 4000+pf input capacitance will cause problems. This may be an exception.

I stand by the statement that you should use the same parts as the originals in class D amps. It will save a lot of time and money for most amps. People (especially newbies) shouldn't think that they can simply drop in parts with higher rating and have better reliability.

Perry like always you are exactly right.Ofcourse they can not use anything with higher ratings.But you have to remember when companies build new amp they want the price as low as posible.About replacement of parts ,you know,you can always change irf9640 with fqp12p20 ,irf640 with fqa19n20,huf753444G3 with irfp064n they are exactly the same and also many more ,they are just made by different companies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.