little help for the new guy - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th July 2009, 05:28 AM   #1
yenko13 is offline yenko13  United States
diyAudio Member

Default little help for the new guy

i repair electronics and comps have a few amps laying around needing repair and cant fin a good place to buy parts i know u guys can help working on a rockford fosgate for a friend now.

it is a p3001 that has the front that lights up need to replace the price the power and ground and remote connect to

thank you in advance
Old 29th July 2009, 05:05 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

orders@pacparts.com

If you have to replace the terminal block, you should use ChipQuik solder alloy (digikey). If you don't use it, you'll have to cut the individual blocks apart and remove them individually. For the two large blocks, you may need two soldering irons. ChipQuik will make it easier and less likely that you'll damage the board. From my experience, it's virtually impossible to remove them by desoldering each pin since the pins are partly soldered to the top side of the board under the block.
Old 29th July 2009, 07:02 PM   #3
yenko13 is offline yenko13  United States
diyAudio Member

WHERE CAN I FIND THE TERMINAL BLOCK SOORY THAT WAS THE ORIGINAL QUESTION NOT HOW TO DO IT THE HELP IN FINDING THE PART WOULD BE GREATLY APPERCIATED
Old 29th July 2009, 11:37 PM   #4
Dealer is offline Dealer  United States
diyAudio Member

That is what the Orders@Pacparts.com is for, in the top of the post.
Old 30th July 2009, 02:36 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

What Perry meant to say was: Pacific Coast Parts is now the parts distributor for Rockford Fosgate. On their webpage you should be able to navigate to your particular amp and there is a list of commonly used parts for that amp. Since they recently picked up the distributorship, there is no info in their database for the Rockford Products. On the other brands in which they are also the parts distributor for, there is a note on the bottom of the page that states: IF YOU CAN NOT FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR EMAIL US AT orders@pacparts.com

Hide this!Advertise here!