little help for the new guy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i repair electronics and comps have a few amps laying around needing repair and cant fin a good place to buy parts i know u guys can help working on a rockford fosgate for a friend now.

it is a p3001 that has the front that lights up need to replace the price the power and ground and remote connect to

thank you in advance

orders@pacparts.com

If you have to replace the terminal block, you should use ChipQuik solder alloy (digikey). If you don't use it, you'll have to cut the individual blocks apart and remove them individually. For the two large blocks, you may need two soldering irons. ChipQuik will make it easier and less likely that you'll damage the board. From my experience, it's virtually impossible to remove them by desoldering each pin since the pins are partly soldered to the top side of the board under the block.

What Perry meant to say was: Pacific Coast Parts is now the parts distributor for Rockford Fosgate. On their webpage you should be able to navigate to your particular amp and there is a list of commonly used parts for that amp. Since they recently picked up the distributorship, there is no info in their database for the Rockford Products. On the other brands in which they are also the parts distributor for, there is a note on the bottom of the page that states: IF YOU CAN NOT FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR EMAIL US AT orders@pacparts.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.