Nakamichi done old-school

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pic of my old-school Nak preamp/cassette/tuner and Kenwood 25 w/ch amp/eq. Had it hooked up to a DC converter in the bedroom for years, but I might throw it in the SUV until I can upgrade (after all my other upgrades ;) ) Will be infinitely better than a cheap factory setup in any event. Made the car speakers DYI 20 years ago, which are long gone, so the speakers would be another good project (since I found this site) :D

Attachments

• photo_070109_001.jpg
    photo_070109_001.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 248
tsmith1315 said:
The TD's were all good!

What will you be using for tapes? I haven't looked around for blanks lately, but they were getting scarce and expensive a couple years ago.

Yeah, there's plenty of blanks of Amazon. I was surprised to see TDK and Maxell still going strong wow. I also have a cassette adapter for my iPod which may come in handy sometime. I just have to break down and upgrade the car stereo really, but then again the home theater needs upgrading, the computer needs upgrading, the car, etc., it never ends as we all know lol.

Kinda sparse right now but you can pick up some bargains on epay if you stay off the most wanted brands, if you just need to get something going. I have a PA304 here but not tried it in my car yet to see how well I like it. I used to make metal tapes that sounded pretty good with dolby c and a good home deck, I really can't tell much difference to disks except the levels on disks are often different which is a pain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.