Worth repairing a Rockford Fosgate Punch 60.2?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's not going to produce nearly 300 watts. Look up the owner's manual on the Rockford site. Don't expect any more than ~20% over the rated power (stated in the owner's manual).

Since you've already purchased it, you should repair it unless the circuit board is badly damaged. If the board is badly damaged, try to return it for a refund.

well the amp is rated for 120w @ 4ohm bridged. So pushing 2ohm is beyond specifications. I think it would it be 240w + 20% = 288w? I think these specs were @ 12v.

I actually got 2 of these from that guy and one works and I'm running it at 2ohm bridged.

Just noticed ampguts doesn't have this amp. I should take some pics of the internals for ampguts. Here's a pic of a similar amphttp://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Rockford_Fosgate_60x2/inside1.jpg

the 2 transistors that look burned are on the left and right. The ones under the metal sandwitch heatsink thingy. Do those cost a lot to replace?

I think he is just letting us know that pacific coast parts is now the parts distributor for Rockford, along with all of the other manufacturers that chose them to be the lone supplier for all of their parts and accessories. If it was spam, I am at least glad to have that information.

No not spam at all. Just trying to give so direction. My name is Jay O'Neil (V.P.) PacParts Inc. . I hope the information is of some assistance. Thank you.

I been buying parts from these guys off and on for 10 years or more out here in Cali. A good firm to do business with. My buddy at his shop has been using PCP for years....And all he does is car audio repair professionally at the 6 figure level of business.....

So PCP is a very good firm to do business with IMO...And it's nice to know that they are carrying RF parts now also along with all the others they carry, like Kenwood, Alpine, etc.....

Keep up the good business guys....and THX....

here's some pics

OVERVIEW
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Side 1 - transistor 2nd down and last one down look no good
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Side 2 - transistor top doesn't look good

Side 2 - better view of it (bottom in this pic) looked like it exploded!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.