6 Volt Sony Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Modified Sony XM-554ZR power amplifier for 6 Volt system. The modification was tested form 5 to 7.2 volts, it sounds fantastic.

Connect the ignition switch or a toggle switch to the remote terminal. The head unit doesn’t have power until the amplifier is on, so you can’t use the remote form the head unit. The 12 V memory output is on all the time for the head unit memory. The head unit 12 V output will also power an iPod/MP3 12 V adapter or Satellite Radio.

Now you can have an awesome sound system in your 6 volt.

Specifications
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=796241

I have updated my 6 Volt Power Amp with a Bluetooth input option. I have amps in stock ready to ship.

6 Volt Power Amp with optional Bluetooth 4 Ch 100 W/Ch
Sony XM-GTX6041 modified for 6 Volt systems

The internal power supply of the Sony XM-GTX6041 Power Amplifier is modified to operate in 6 Volt systems.

Options:
1. The Bluetooth option makes the amp capable of wirelessly playing stereo music from your mobile Phone, MP3 player or any device with Bluetooth.

2. The 6 Volt amplifier provides two 12 V outputs. The un-switched output provides 12 Volts to a head unit memory. The switched 12 V output provides power to a head unit or an iPhone, iPod, MP3 player, CD player, Cassette player or Satellite Radio from a DC-to-DC converter inside the amplifier with maximum output of 1 Amp.

The Amplifier 12 V Accessory output is switched off when the Amplifier remote is off, which is used to control the CD player remote power (accessory) input. This feature shuts off the head unit with the 6 volt ignition switch, but maintains the memory so all your settings will not be lost.

TheSamba.com :: VW Classifieds - 6 Volt Power Amp opt Bluetooth 4 Ch 100 W/Ch $245

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.