Yep, it's a sickness

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Saturday one of our machines went down at work. The lease expires July 31 on this particular unit...

As I'm taking it apart for the first time, the first thing I notice is a lovely little encapsulated toroid that appears perfect for a kitchen-sized amplifier... NO TIM, YOU CAN"T HAVE IT! Don't even measure the output voltage. I have to repeat that a few times to myself...

Further in... four germicidal UV lamps and related power supply with control board. An instant PCB exposure chamber just waiting to happen... NO! You can't even have the bulbs.

Next, more civilized UV bulbs. But these are in a perfectly complete 2-sided exposure chamber with mirrors and a slide out drawer to hold the workpiece... Just look away, you're not supposed to be fixing THAT!

Lastly, what's this? A 14" DC brushless squirrel cage fan?? With washable dust filters on the input??? For cooling a car audio amp rack, or a medium class-A project... NO, NO, NO! Go back to work.

It's still opened up, until I get back on Tuesday to finish up. Looks like a bad bearing is the issue.

I wonder if the owner will actually want it back when the lease expires? Would they be upset over a few missing parts?

Tim, just let me know what you want... Being in the industrial surplus business I get a lot of neat stuff in. I have 2 new fresh-air aluminum fans that would make an amp rack look trick. Kind of big, but would look neat. Milled too. Not pressed steel or plastic. Pricey, but would look neat in a rack...
I see torrids too. Never buy them. Can if you need a few. Few $ over scrap. Even have some Anritsu handheld spectrum analyzers S331A (NIB) that I just picked up. Lots of industrial items that you can work into to car audio. Some wicked looking lights, analog meters (5A, 150A, 10Vdc, 30Vdc, ect) ... On and on. If you want neat industrial stuff, let me know. Keep your hands out of the machinery in the meantime. Might loose a finger trying to check that 30,000V cap with your Flukemeter.

tomtomjr said:
Tim, just let me know what you want...

Hey thanks Tom. Problem is, I want everything! That handheld analyzer sure sounds cool!

Thing is, I really don't need anything except, say, a 'scope and function generator. Maybe a solder bath, assembly rack and lead bender, a good table saw and planer, 15+ gal mixer and bottom plow, an optical surface generator, a CNC mill, a nice drive-on lift, cement mixer, paint booth, a walk-in autoclave, all-terrain manlifter, boom truck, excavator...

Could you possibly understand?:D

Keep your hands out of the machinery in the meantime.

If it breaks I gotta fix it! But I was good and put everything back together this time. We'll see what happens when the lease runs out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.