UFO - WTF is this amp, looks familiar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, All , someone is selling this this amp but he does not know what it is due to the custom "botched" paintwork. . It looks familar but I can't pick it.. the heatsink reminds me of the older Earthquake amps but the terminals are oldschool US AMPS.

Anyone out there with a sharper eye tham me know what it is. Please let me know

I cannot get a pic of the the inside

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97825893@N00/sets/72157618616701548/

Attachments

• unknown 1.jpg
    unknown 1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 548
Missed it, someone outbid me at the last minute. I guess it will always remain a mystery. It's definetly not a Orion- Hott-Setup as I compared the unknow amp with T-450 and images of other models on ampguts.

I've tried hard to find a visual match without seccess, even against the old PPI series and it's a no go. Let's hope the winning bidder pulls out and I get a second shot at it. The curiosity is getting the better of my. I could' tfind any images of Crankensteins .. maybe that's what it was.

Thanks

ppia600 said:
Pyramid or Rockwood. Probably 15" long with 7" of amp inside and extended power and speaker wires to reach the end. I would guess one of the older G&S designs (good stuff) amps if not Pyramid or Rockwood.

It could have been much worse than a 15 inch amp with 7 inches of amp. This one was about 20 inches and had 5 inches of amp inside.

Attachments

• s6300063.jpg
    s6300063.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 250
chemhaz:
It's probably best that it got away, but is certainly annoying not to have a positive ID.

ppia600 said:
I would guess one of the older G&S designs (good stuff) amps if not Pyramid or Rockwood.

Early G&S had all vertical fins (tall) like their blue Crutchfield sister amps. I'll find a pic...

I Am An Idiot said:

It could have been much worse than a 15 inch amp with 7 inches of amp. This one was about 20 inches and had 5 inches of amp inside.

That is priceless! I hope you still have it.

Smaller versions of Dr. Crank amps were'nt much to look at. But the flagship and notable proto-types were impressive. They put the name on the map in the late 80's and 90's. It was simply a tragic that the company demise came as a result of the engineer's life being cut short. He was very enlightnent.:(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.