UFO - WTF is this amp, looks familiar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First generation Zapco amp made with the original Linear Power aluminum extrusion heatsink. I had one for 11 years before it died. They were either red or black and they used pretty standard power blocks. The dead giveaway is the gain knobs. Those were used by RF, Zapco, Orion and the old Sherwood amps.

Love it!

The S80 and M80 were the early Zapco self contained amps. None before that. Z220 was the 2nd series self contained amp. After that came the Z50,z100, ect...Or so that is what I know. Unless it was a prototype or one-off. As many one-off's, prototypes, and promotional units I have come across in the past few years, never say never... Also, I have never heard of LP and Zapco using the same heatsink on anything. Will double check, but I don't think so. Could this be a Z220? Not sure. Most of my Zapco amps are pre-Z220. That is one Zapco that I don't collect. But do have some pics of them somewhere. If I can find them, I will compare the terminal blocks.

tomtomjr said:

Could this be a Z220? Not sure. Most of my Zapco amps are pre-Z220. That is one Zapco that I don't collect.

Not a Z220, I have some of those. Their power terminal looks similar to the mystery amp, but the speaker terminal is the same as previous models.

Cosmetically, Z220's look like a big AXi:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.