Need schematic for kicker zx750.1

check out perry's site

check out perrys site on basic caraudio amplifier repair it will probably help you out. go to the homepage and scroll through the topics and it will tell you how to troubleshoot them with you meter you can click on the link above in the post he sent you it should give you a little insight of what you are getting yourself into and whether you will be happier sending it to someone to fix or doing it yourself:smash: if all else fails use a hammer and ductape. just kidding

In most cases, there is insufficient deadtime to safely allow the use of 100 ohm gate resistors and 3205s. If this amp used the 100 ohm resistors and the 3205s originally, it likely has additional deadtime built into the circuit. This may also have been marginally safe in the kicker amps. If I remember correctly, in all of the kicker amps that I've seen that used the 3205s, there were 47 ohm resistors. They may have tried using the 3205s initially with the 100 ohm resistors and then reduced the value due to reliability issues.

there is a small (roughly 1/4" x 1/4" or a little less) metal, square two legged component on the same rail as the irf 3205's that I was curious about. It looks like it may have a resistor symbol below it on the board (can't really tell through the soot). I can't find any part info on it, do you know what this is and how I can identify it. since its right next to all the burnt 3205's I thought it may have suffered some damage as well.

I use about a 1" paint brush if it blew soot under other things and made a big mess, the brush will get around and in most things. I pour a little acetone on the brush and keep the board tilted up, works great for larger messes. Yes I do that outside only. Usually I can get it clean without pulling any parts, though I often take the bad transistors out first. If you are careful applying just enough to the brush you don't have much runoff. Also shows if there is any other damage or burnt board/parts you could not see in the mess, so I like to do that right away.

Also have a larger paint brush I use dry for dust and bugs, etc.

The driver transistors (Q05/Q11) and the gate resistors may have been damaged.

Hello Perry, this thread is a bit old but I am hoping you are still active on this forum,
I have a kicker zx750.1 on my bench now, all the FETs on one side were blown,
beyond even needing a meter to identify their problem, I replaced all of them and didnt find any other parts shorted or outside of their normal characteristics, except for Q 05 & 11. both are open completely, one has a hole blown in it which leaves only the last two numbers, I am pretty sure they are the same "ASG49". My problem is even after scouring the net and all my favorite sites that usually cough up in short order every necessary detail, I can find no info whatsoever on this part number. I tried a56 in place of ASG and several variation in case I am not seeing them correctly, but nothing brings up any info at all!
There is another unit on the board, but its surface mount and I dont have the tools to remove it in a fashion it is likely to be reusable to test the amount of gain. Since pretty much the best tool I have for this is a pair of pliers heated with a torch to remove them.
You wouldnt happen to know the specs on this transistor or a equivalent part number?
Also this unit also has 100 ohm gate resistors, non of them are damaged,
in further observation since your last post in this forum, have you confirmed these should be changed to 47 ohms? (my natural tendency is to think the FETs are getting plenty signal already since they clearly experienced an over load condition)
One thing I found odd is despite all these parts being in short condition, it didnt blow the fuses, apparently 80amps is too high a fuse value, or perhaps their supply was unable to provide that much current.

Thank you very much for any info you can provide.
Troy