xtant X603E - Overcurrent Light

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys!

I've been having some trouble with my car stereo setup for a couple months and have been basically without music in my pickup for the duration of that time. It's annnoying! Buuuut, I've not really wanted to spend money on fixing it. Well, I was thinking it through and decided to do some basic troubleshooting out figure out where the problems lie.

Symptoms:
* Low volume staticky crackle from speakers, happens with all sources.

The head unit is an alpine cda-79**. I forget the model, but I can go get it if you like. I don't think it's the problem. I checked all wires and fuses and connections appear to be solid. The problems just started pretty much at random- I drove, parked, got out and everything was working fine. When I went back to my pickup after eating, started it up, and drove off- my sound was cut to a low volume with much crackling. No popping or anything in between, no gradual degredation.

My amp is a x603e. I pulled the cover off to get to it and saw that the yellow Over Current light is lit up. What exactly does this mean? My assumption would be that it's pulling too much power from the battery- but how, and is there some sort of limiter I need to check?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.