JL 500/1v2 amp Burned Resistors

As title says, i have burned the resistors and Transistors on the Power side. I've ordered the replacement transistors and am stuck on the resistors. Can someone help me with ordering the correct resistors? The ones on the amp are burned up and am not able to read the color value. Any suggestions?

This is the type of resistor that i'm looking for...I hope i'm not reading your post wrong. The link to the picture you posted looked like a flush mount resistor and that's not the one that is burnt on my amp.

http://209.3.61.141/iecnet/images/jpeg/RE47.jpg

Thats what the resistor looks like that is burnt up on my amp.

I hope i dont sound like an idiot. :)

also, Thanks for replying!

The resistor is directly infront on the Transistor...I wish i could put a picture of the items that are bad up...but there are no pictures of the JL's internals online. :(

When I said power side...I ment the side with the power terminals...however, Im pretty sure it's the "audio" transistors that are bad. The transistor numbers are IRFZ44N I think...I'm at work and recalling from memory. I was able to find the correct replacement for them, just not sure what the resister values are.

The Z44Ns are the power supply FETs.

The following resistors are through-hole components similar to the one you posted. The top one is a 1/8w. The other is a 1/4w. Look at the dimensions and order the one that fits your board.

Mouser:
299-47-RC
291-47-RC

If these resistors connect to the gate leg of the IRFZ44s, the 47 ohm resistors will work.

This is a picture of the board and im pointing to where they are on the board...I'm pointing to transistor on this one.

Attachments

• transistor1.jpg
    transistor1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 222
Ok, so i just took out the resistors from the board...they are burnt but would the reading from my meter be different if they were burnt? I'm getting readings randing from 70 ohms to 96 ohms from the different resistors i took off.

Here is a more detailed pic of the resistors on the board.

Attachments

• resistor close.jpg
    resistor close.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 202
JL mainly uses 1% components. For this application, either 5% or 1% would be OK. The 1% 1/8w part is:
270-47-RC

When you install the replacement resistors, install them so that there is 1/8-1/4" of clearance between the board and the body of the resistor. You'll have to determine how high they can be so that they don't touch the clip that holds the transistor in place. Having them off of the board will help prevent damage to the board if they burn again.

Well, i have all the resistors in place. I'm currently waiting on the transistors to arrive. Just for knowledge, the 500/1v2 doesn't have the clips that the 500/1 had. This one is a little different. it has a straight bar that spans the length of the board and holds the transistors against the heat thingie. :)

Hey, quick question...The heatsink has a thin layer of what looks to be "mica" where there is thermal compound on both sides...one that makes it stick to the heatsink and the other side makes the flush connection with the transistor...is this thin film needed? the reason i ask is because as i was trying to wipe all the old compound off of it, i accidently broke it in half.