MTX older RT amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a MTX RT2400X, it is black and says made in USA on the top. Has fins all over it. I saw a RT2400 on epay and it was smaller. This thing is rated at 2x200RMS at 4 ohms, it looks very much like the RT2600 on ampguts here. Awful lot of power for the size, just wondered if anyone knew much about these or year, I've never messed with mtx much but now have this and a BT754pro that looks like a similar type build inside. And this says made in USA on it, that can't be bad.:D

I'll go look it is rated 1x750rms at 14v or something huge like that, like the 2600 is...and MTX does not list a manual for it (or any blue thunders) but does have the RT2600/2400/etc.

What would you compare these to in other amps?

I'll get a photo on here when I have a minute, it is different than the one I linked. Has same stuff on sinks but has more smaller caps in place of the large four that one has. This has one screw in short clamps not the longer ones there. I need to learn more about power supplies if this makes 1x750rms at 14.4v with only 6 TO220 for the PS that seems ambitious compared to other amps I've seen. It does say a date on the board of 4/98, the right model number, and 'Team MTX' (screened on). It is supposed to be broken too, not checked it yet.

And this says made in USA on it, that can't be bad.

I know what you mean. My oldest son was showing me a Forerunner he just bought, and under the seat was an MTX that said "Made in USA."

It was too new for me to know anything about. But since he has a tendency to swap things like that around, as soon as I saw it I said "Do NOT EVER get rid of that amp. Ever."

My bad the board does look like the 2300X , but it is rated like the 2600 at 2x200rms@12.5v@4ohm.

I've never really heard bad about the older MTX (USA ones), but never saw many here or used one at all. This one does have a strange number PS mosfet I've never seen I'll have to look it up. I was going to dump these but now I'll have to think about it.

Have some new MTX from China also, they are nothing like this though not like the cheap China amps either. Certainly they are small inside for the output and have SMD. The 4ch has all the same # transistors IRL540N and PS is IRFZ48N.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.