orion 800.2 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
when i got this amp the two big brown resistors were unsoldered from the board...i put them back in. powered the amp up ,and now they get so hot they will unsolder from the board again.....???

ive tested all the small transistors around the brown resistors, and the gate drive transistors they have 2 readings of 0.6....

i dont have any shorted power supply transistors or outputs, or a shorted torrids... ive never seen resistors get so hot it falls out of the board by itself...lol

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

im not sure perry.

there is a single wire coming off the torrid that is running to one of the big resistors...
the group of 4 diodes are running i between the rail and the big resistors, which are connected to the secondary ground .... the secondary ground is the black wire that mounts to the heatsink right?.

I'm not familiar with the amp so I can't help much more without more information.

The secondary ground is generally tied to the non-bridging speaker terminals. If the Zeners were connected to the secondary ground, they should be connected to the non-bridging speaker terminals. If you find that there is 0 ohms between the non-bridging speaker terminals and the Zeners, then they may be the Zeners being used for voltage regulation (±15v). The Zeners for the ±15v will have ~15v across them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.