Car Horn Tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just bought a pair of klipsch KLF-30 speakers and i love the horn tweeters and i would like to know if anyone has found a comparable horn driver for a car stereo installation... I have figured a install location already just need to find a good driver for it.....

Thanks in advance

There are some other audio sites that are really into that, they all make horns that go under the dash and come out in a long slit so you don't notice it. They only buy the driver at the end the horn they make, it is way up under the dash by the firewall.

The problem with using a small horn, is the directionality in a car. That is why domes are so popular because you often don't sit in front of the speaker like in your house. I don't know what other speaker equals a horn. On one site guys were buying ribbon tweeters at walmart and said they worked well for $50, these were audiophile people with nice equipment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.