Rockford Fosgate P800.2 [Repair]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Spax said:
woutzor & Perry Babin
I've been following this with considerable interest, I often see amps on ebay which are faulty and go for very little and wonder if I could fix one. This thread has been very informative and the large pictures really help to illustrate what can be a rather confusing aspect of posts on the forums. Quite a considerable number of components were replaced, can I ask how much the replacement parts cost in total?

Thanks for showing interest in this topic ;)

Here’s a list of the parts I replaced and what I payed for it (some parts I’ve ordered in large quantities so I got a discount, please see the prices as an indication)

Code:
[u]Qty[/u]	[u]Part[/u]			[u]Price[/u]		[u]Total price[/u]
8x	IRF3205			€3,360		€26,88
10x	IRF9640			€0,850		€8,50
10x	IRF640			€1,300		€13,-
20x	MC14618 1Ω 3W 1%	€1,320		€26,4
2x	MC14703 10Ω 3W 1%	€1,370		€2,74
4x	STTH1502D		€1,680		€6,720
1x	LM337T			€2,230		€2,230
1x 	LM317T			€0,450		€0,450
6x	MPSA06			€0,166		€0,996
6x	MPSA56			€0,066		€0,396
2x	MMBTA06			€0,093		€0,186
2x	MMBTA56			€0,143		€0,286
1x	1N4003			€0,086		€0,086
2x	51Ω 0805 SMD		€0,070		€0,070
2x	100Ω 0805 SMD		€0,070		€0,070
1x	47Ω 0805 SMD		€0,035		€0,035
1x	39Ω 0805 SMD		€0,035		€0,035
 						--------- +
 						[b]€89,080[/b]

Maybe I forgot some parts but lets say that you can repair a amplifier of this caliber for about €100,- including solder, solder braid etc.

Thanks for posting the costs, it certainly works out cheaper than buying a new amp.
I like to see anything repaired rather than thrown away, sadly most markets revolve around the continual need to replace every few years with new :(

I would only buy a faulty amp for myself, that way I could only blame myself if it failed again ;)
I may take on a little project when my uni course finishes June, I'll have three months till I go back in late September.

Same thing for me. I wanted to replace my old amplifier (Pioneer GM-202) for my subwoofer. Since I already got a Punch 200.4 (2001 model) that I'm using for my front and rear speakers I looked on the internet for a Fosgate amp of the same type/year.

I was talking to a friend the other day that I was searching for another amp and he told me that he knew someone that had an defective amplifier that I was looking for!

So I bought it from him for only €80,-. Some of my friends and even my parents told me I'm crazy for buying something that's already broken :smash:
But I just wanted a nice project for myself and If I couldn't get it fixed, the amp would be a nice piece of art on my wall ;)

If I add everything up, I got a amplifier that you would have paid like €800,- for, but now after the repair only ~€170,- !!

If you've got the time, money and especially patience Its definitely worth it :up:

about the rockford fosgate 800.2

hey guys im back with new questions and may i can help you woutzor...... actually im looking for some transistors or mosfet weatever you guys called this is the transistors number to repair my amplifier old school rockford fosgate 1500bd.. Im looking for MTP75N05HD I think the are not available any more... i saw in internet the replacement of those this is suppose to the replacement IRF3205PBF.. so my question is it's the right mosfet or not?????? thank you guys...... WOUTZOR WOUTZOR FOR YOU HELP TO REPAIR 800.2 PUNCH i sold one amplifier like the one one week ago but i can talk with the guy who has the amp the new owner,, i can send you a few pictures of them if you want, the way can help problably,, one more thing i dont know how can i put pictures on this page but if you want my email to send you the pictures that's good or tell me how can i put the pictures on this page.... thank you guys for you help...

Hi RICKY01AGUAS,

The IRF3205 is a good replacement part for the MTP75N05HD. Same part I used to repair the P800.2.
PBF behind IRF3205 stands for non lead if I recall correctly, so its no big difference.

You only need new Powersupply FETs? Have you checked the resistors connected to the MTP75N05HD?

Hey woutzor>>>

Thank you man that's what I need the powersupply fets.... because my amplifier is shut down when is woorking to hard the red light is on.... that's what my amplifier has black shots on those so i hope there is the problem.... and than after replace those im going to replace the wire i got 8 may be i need put a 4 gauge... for sure works better.... thank you man for you help so your amp 800.2 is working already??? thank you again you the man>>>><<<< so one more question about it what you mean is not a big difference between MPT75N05HD and IRF3205???

Yes, my Punch 800.2 is working great :cool:

MTP75N05HD-D Datasheet:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/on_semiconductor/MTP75N05HD-D.PDF

IRF3205 Datasheet:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/irf/irf3205.pdf

These two compared:

MTP75N05HD
VDSS = 50 V
RDS(on) = 9.5 mOhm
ID = 75 A

IRF3205
VDSS = 55 V
RDS(on) = 8.0 mOhm
ID = 110 A

As you can see the IRF3205 is rated higher, so it can deliver more power then the MTP75N05HD. I believe the IRF3205's are used in later models to.

I see you already started a topic about your 1500bd. Please continue using that topic so we can keep this one for the Punch 800.2. Thanks.

problems 800.2 rockford fosgate ( power series )

After reading, I am really amazed at how people stabbing each other in this ...
I sit with a problem but with the Rockford Fosgate power series 800.2. the model more ...
The problem is ... the amplifier is receiving power and consumes power (I can see the voltage of the capacitor) ... He makes no error code or protection ...
it does not send sound through to the subs ... I already have some lying around and ask it would be the final stage .... or as the previous one at the transistors ..
is this correct?? can anyone help me with schematics and wiring diagram of the Power 800.2?? any information is welcome ...

greetings to anyone who can help me ...

Yours sincerely

After reading, I am really amazed at how people stabbing each other in this ...
I sit with a problem but with the Rockford Fosgate power series 800.2. the model more ...
The problem is ... the amplifier is receiving power and consumes power (I can see the voltage of the capacitor) ... He makes no error code or protection ...
it does not send sound through to the subs ... I already have some lying around and ask it would be the final stage .... or as the previous one at the transistors ..
is this correct?? can anyone help me with schematics and wiring diagram of the Power 800.2?? any information is welcome ...

greetings to anyone who can help me ...

Yours sincerely

Go Here > http://194.204.29.93/rockford/techl...wer/H18002/01_amps_power_h18002_schematic.pdf

beste bedankt al voor deze informatie..
ik heb nog een vraagje... alle getallen en nummers na de eindtrap of transistor zijn die van groot belang voor te bestellen?
b.v. IRF 9640 ... ...
want ik vind niet direct waar ik alles kan bestellen...
ook zou de sturing van de voeding stuk zijn... enig idee wat dit kan zijn of waar ik dit kan bestellen ? of onderdeel nummer?

groeten christof

groeten,

This is an English speaking forum. If you wish to post in another language, post the translation also.

Thank you.

best thanks all for this information ..
I have a question ... all numbers and numbers after the amplifier or transistor are important to order?
e.g. IRF 9640 ... ...
because I think everything that I could not directly order ...
also, the control of the food piece are ... any idea what this could be or where I can order? or part number?

Regards Christof

best thanks all for this information ..
I have a question ... all numbers and numbers after the amplifier or transistor are important to order?
e.g. IRF 9640 ... ...
because I think everything that I could not directly order ...
also, the control of the food piece are ... any idea what this could be or where I can order? or part number?

Regards Christof
Dutch
voor de energie voorziening, u kunt de IRF3205 gebruiken, maar u moet de gate wijzigen van 47 Ohm weerstanden 51 ohm.

for the power supply, you can use the IRF3205, but you must change the gate from 47 Ohm resistors 51 ohm.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.