soundstream 480.4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need help! I pulled 4 transistors and got them mixed up.
I have a soundstream 480.4 which is similar to power acoustik products because I heard they are made at the same factory.

I left one side intact which reads

Q311 C4467 6D O
Q312 A1694 73 P
Q412 A1694 72 O
Q411 C4467 73 P

The other side reads
Q111
Q112
Q212
Q211
What i have it 4 loose transistors.
I do know that the inside two are 1694's
The outer two are 4467.
I dont' know what the 73 and the 74 mean? Does anyone have a schematic of this board?
Thanks

If the other channel is still in just find the + and - rails going to them to tell what transistor goes where, usually the center leg. One number will always go on the positive rail and the other on negative...the same as the other channels are connected. They may or may not be in the same physical order don't go by that. Yes PA, SPL, Audiobahn use those outputs a lot. Think I found some at mcm. The 73 numbers are likely a date code if they are next to the part number, original ones should all be the same for each type of output. The 6D one may have been replaced, they really should match and all outputs in a channel replaced at same time.

the chips I have left are as follows:
C4467 73 P
A1694 72 O
A1694 73 P
C4467 74 P

I appreciate your quick reply. I left out this information and since I was a newby I could not edit until the moderator let this post.

It's a four channel amplifier. Am I correct in assuming the Q111 and Q112 are both part of channel number 1. Q211 and Q212 channel 2 ect.

If Q312 is a P chip then Q112 would be the complement on the other side and would be the chip marked O??

I will see which chip is + and - How do I know which chip to put in the negative and which to put in the positive

So I should look at the board and trace the + and - back to the transistors and find which legs are the positive?
How do I know which legs on the transistor is positive. Are the P and the O reversed? I thought I read that the diode actions are reversed in p and o. HELP

Thanks,
Mike

It's a four channel amplifier. Am I correct in assuming the Q111 and Q112 are both part of channel number 1. Q211 and Q212 channel 2 ect.

**** Generally, yes.

If Q312 is a P chip then Q112 would be the complement on the other side and would be the chip marked O??

**** The P/O are meaningless here. Qx11 is likely one type (C4467?). The Qx12 is likely the other type (A1064?). Similar to this:
http://bcae1.com/temp/outputs01x.gif

I will see which chip is + and - How do I know which chip to put in the negative and which to put in the positive

**** You don't have to know positive/negative. Lay the board upside down so that you can see the metal tabs on the backs of the transistors. With your meter set to ohms or diode check, touch one meter probe to the back of one of the C4467 transistors. Touch the other probe to the center-leg solder pad for the missing transistors. When you get 0 ohms or 0.000 (on diode check), that transistor is also a C4467.

How do I know which legs on the transistor is positive. Are the P and the O reversed?

**** Ignore everything beyond C4467/A1964.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.